Thank you for using Grand River Bank Mobile Banking combined with your handheld’s text messaging capabilities. Message & Data rates may apply. For help, text “HELP” to banksmart to cancel, text “STOP” to banksmart at any time. In case of questions please contact customer service at 888-929-4723 or visit grbstage.wpengine.com.
Terms and Conditions
Program: Grand River Bank offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over SMS. Enrollment requires identification of the user’s banking relationship as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number’s verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Message & Data rates may apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
Questions: You can contact us at 888.929.4723, or send a text message with the word “HELP” to this number: banksmart. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
To stop the program: To stop the messages from coming to your phone, you can opt out of the program via SMS. Just send a text that says “STOP” to this number: banksmart. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
Terms & Conditions: By participating in Mobile Banking, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions presented here.
Our participating carriers include (but are not limited to) AT&T, SprintPCS, T-Mobile®, U.S. Cellular®, Verizon Wireless
Mobile Banking and any software you may obtain from Mobile Banking (“Software”) may not be available at any time for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Grand River Bank or any service provider.
Privacy and User Information. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of Mobile Banking, Grand River Bank and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with Mobile Banking or the Software (collectively “User Information”). Grand River Bank and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver Mobile Banking and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. Grand River Bank and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of Mobile Banking and the Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
Restrictions on Use. You agree not to use Mobile Banking or the Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use Mobile Banking or the Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Grand River Bank (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Grand River Bank or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of Mobile Banking; (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Grand River Bank, any third-party service provider involved in providing Mobile Banking, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (a) access any software or services for which your use has not been authorized; or (b) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (c) interfere in any manner with the provision of Mobile Banking or the Software, the security of Mobile Banking or the Software, or other customers of Mobile Banking or the Software; or (d) otherwise abuse Mobile Banking or the Software.
Use of Google Maps: You agree to abide by the Google terms and conditions of use found at http://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps.html and the Google Legal Notices found at http://www.maps.google.com/help/legal notices_maps.html, or other URLs as may be updated by Google.
Protecting Your Password and Personal Information.
You agree to keep your Grand River Bank online banking username, password and security question and answer confidential to prevent unauthorized access to and use of your Mobile Banking account. You agree not to give your password or make it available to anyone who is not authorized to access your Mobile Banking account. You should change your password frequently. You should carefully select a password that is hard to guess. You should change your password immediately if you suspect your password has been compromised. You can change your password through your Grand River Bank online banking access. Grand River Bank will not contact you by phone, email or text message and ask you to provide your password or Username. We may ask you to provide your Username to assist in confirming your identification when you initiate the phone call. Grand River Bank does not have access to your password. If you are contacted by anyone requesting your Username or password, please contact us immediately at 1-888-929-4723.
You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your account and transaction information when using Mobile Banking.
- You agree not to leave your device unattended while logged into Mobile Banking and to log off immediately at the conclusion of your access to Mobile Banking.
- You agree to inform us of any changes in your phone number(s); loss of phone (or anytime the phone is out of your control); or any other change that might affect providing Mobile Banking access to you.
- Text messaging may not be encrypted and may include personal or confidential information about you, such as your account activity or status. You agree to protect your device and to not let any unauthorized person have access to the information we provide you.
- You agree to accept responsibility for any instructions sent to us from the device and authorize us to act on these instructions.
The following, although not a complete list, will help further enhance the security of your personal information:
- Make use of a password to lock (secure) your phone so that an unauthorized user cannot view sensitive information
- Install antivirus software
- Install software updates and/or patches to your phone
- Take precaution to protect your personal information, such as your Driver’s License and Social Security Number. This information by itself or together with other account information may allow unauthorized access to your Mobile Banking account
Termination of your Mobile Banking
You may cancel your Mobile Banking account at any time:
- By texting STOP to banksmart to terminate text messaging services
- In person at our banking office
- By calling us at 1-888-929-4723
- By contacting us in writing at 4471 Wilson Ave SW, Grandville, MI 49418
In addition, we may cancel your Mobile Banking account for any of the following reasons:
- When you no longer maintain eligible accounts with Grand River Bank
- When you have not accessed your account in the prior 6 months
- When you report fraudulent activity or circumstances that may create an unanticipated liability to the Bank
Mobile Deposit as of July 2015
- Services. The mobile remote deposit capture services (“Services”) are designed to allow you to make deposits to your checking, savings, or money market savings accounts from home or other remote locations by scanning checks or taking pictures with mobile devices and delivering the images and associated deposit information to Grand River Bank.
- Acceptance. Your acceptance of the revised terms and conditions along with the continued use of the Services will indicate your consent to be bound by the revised Agreement. Further, Grand River Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from the Services. Your continued use of the Services will indicate your acceptance of any such changes to the Services.
- Limitations of Service. When using the Services, you may experience technical or other difficulties. We will attempt to post alerts on our website or send you a text message to notify you of these interruptions in Service. We cannot assume responsibility for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. Some of the Services have qualification requirements, and we reserve the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, or your use of the Services, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice to you.
- Hardware and Software. In order to use the Services, you must obtain and maintain, at your expense, compatible hardware and software as specified by the Bank from time to time. See grandriverbank.com for current hardware and software specifications. The Bank is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Services. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation.
- Eligible items. You agree to scan and deposit only “checks” as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC (“Reg. CC”). When the image of the check transmitted to the Bank is converted to an Image Replacement Document for subsequent presentment and collection, it shall thereafter be deemed an “item” within the meaning of Articles 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Ineligible Items for Deposits. You agree that you will not scan and deposit any of the following types of checks or other items which shall be considered ineligible items:
- Any third party check, i.e., any item that is made payable to another party and then endorsed to you by such party
- Any item drawn on your personal account at the Bank
- Any item that contains evidence of alteration to the information on the check
- Any check previously converted to a “substitute check,” as defined in Regulation CC
- Any item issued to you by a financial institution in a foreign country
- A “remotely created check”
- Any item that is “stale dated,” expired, or “postdated”
- Any item that is “non-negotiable” (whether stamped in print or as a watermark)
- Any item that has been re-deposited or returned such as “non-sufficient funds” or “refer to maker” or returned for any other reason
- Any item that is incomplete
- Savings Bonds
- Check Requirements. You agree to endorse any item transmitted through the Services and agree to follow any and all other procedures and instructions for use of the Services as the Bank may establish from time to time. The scanned image of the check transmitted to us using the Services must accurately and legibly provide, among other things, the following information: (1) your endorsement; (2) the information identifying the drawer and the paying bank that is preprinted on the check, including complete and accurate MICR information and the signatures; and (3) other information placed on the check prior to the time an image of the check is captured, such as any required identification written on the front of the check and any endorsements applied to the back of the check. The image quality of the check must comply with the requirements established from time to time by the American National Standards Institute (“ANSI”), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, including the requirements under federal Regulation CC, or any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association. The Service may reject your deposit if the image is not satisfactory. Receipt of the image does not guarantee we can accept the image.
- Receipt of Items. Upon receipt of the digital image, we will review the image for acceptability. You understand and agree that receipt of an image does not occur until after we notify you of receipt of the image by a confirmation screen upon the conclusion of your transaction. You understand that, in the event you receive a notification from us confirming receipt of an image, such notification does not mean that the image contains no errors or that we are responsible for any information you transmit to us. We are not responsible for any image that we do not receive. Following receipt of the image, we will process the image. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, we reserve the right, within our sole and absolute discretion, to accept or reject any item for remote deposit into your account and, in the event we reject an item for remote deposit, you understand and agree that you must deposit the original item. You understand and agree that even if we do not initially reject an item you deposit through the Services, we may ask you to provide the original item, because, among other reasons, the paying bank deems the electronic image illegible. Our failure to reject such an item shall not limit your liability to us. You understand that any amount credited to your account for items deposited using the Services is a provisional credit and you agree to indemnify us against any loss we suffer because of our acceptance of the remotely deposited check.
- Availability of Funds. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and state and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. You understand that following our receipt and processing of the image, funds from the check will be made available for your withdrawal and/or use on the next business day after we receive your deposit; however, longer delays may apply. You also understand that credit is provisional until settlement is final. Refer to our Funds Availability Policy for complete information.
- Retention and Disposal of Transmitted Items. Upon your receipt of a confirmation from the Bank that we have received the image of an item, you agree to prominently mark the item as “Electronically Presented” or “Mobile Deposit / date” to ensure that it is not re-presented for payment.
- You agree to securely store each original check that you deposit using the Services for a period of at least seven (7) days after transmission to us. After seven (7) days after you transmit the original check, you will safely destroy the original check.
- You understand and agree that you are responsible for any loss caused by your failure to secure the original checks.
- You agree never to re-present the check for deposit.
- You will promptly provide any retained check, or a sufficient copy of the front and back of the check, to the Bank as requested to aid in the clearing and collection process, to resolve claims by third parties with respect to any check, or for our audit purposes. If you are unable to provide a sufficient copy of the front and back of the check you will be liable for any unresolved claims by third parties.
- Deposit Limits. We may establish limits on the dollar amount and/or number of items or deposits from time to time. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of these limits, we may reject your deposit. If we permit you to make a deposit in excess of these limits, such deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a deposit at other times. The current daily dollar limit is $2,500.00 per business day for retail banking clients. Daily and monthly deposit limits may vary for users of other services with the Bank.
- Errors. You agree to notify the Bank of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the Services right away, and in no event later than 60 days after the applicable account statement is sent. Unless you notify the Bank within 60 days, such statement regarding all deposits made through the Services shall be deemed correct, and you are prohibited from bringing a claim against the Bank for such alleged error.
- Errors in Transmission. By using the Services you accept the risk that an item may be intercepted or misdirected during transmission. The Bank bears no liability to you or others for any such intercepted or misdirected items or information disclosed through such errors.
- User Warranties and Indemnification. You make the following warranties and representations with respect to your use of the Services and each image of an original check you transmit to us using the Services:
- Each image of a check transmitted to us is a true and accurate rendition of the front and back of the original check, without any alteration, and the drawer of the check has no defense against payment of the check.
- The amount, the payee, signature(s), and endorsement(s) on the original check are legible, genuine, and accurate.
- Each check that you submit to us for deposit will not be resubmitted in any format to us or to any other person for payment and will not cause the same drawer’s account to be debited twice.
- Other than the digital image of an original check that you remotely deposit through the Services, there are no other duplicate images of the original check.
- Each original check was authorized by the drawer in the amount stated on the original check and to the payee stated on the original check.
- You have not knowingly failed to communicate any material information to us.
- You will retain possession of each original check deposited using the Services for the required retention period and neither you nor any other party will submit the original check for payment.
- Your account into which you deposit checks using the Services, and the funds from such checks, are only used for consumer purposes and not for business purposes.
- You will not use the Services and/or your accounts for any illegal activity or transactions.
- Files and images transmitted to us will contain no viruses or any other disabling features that may have an adverse impact on our network, data, or related systems.
- Cooperation with Investigations. You agree to cooperate with us in the investigation of unusual transactions, poor quality transmissions, and resolution of customer claims, including by providing, upon request and without further cost, any originals or copies of items deposited through the Service in your possession and your records relating to such items and transmissions.
- Termination. You may, by written request, terminate the Services provided for in this Agreement. We may terminate your use of the Services at any time. In the event of termination of the Services, you will remain liable for all transactions performed on your account.
- Enforceability. We may waive enforcement of any provision of this Agreement. No waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the Agreement. Any such waiver shall not affect our rights with respect to any other transaction or to modify the terms of this Agreement. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be impaired or otherwise affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Ownership & License. You agree that the Bank retains all ownership and proprietary rights in the Services, associated content, technology, and website(s). Your use of the Services is subject to and conditioned upon your complete compliance with this Agreement. Without limiting the effect of the foregoing, any breach of this Agreement immediately terminates your right to use the Services. Without limiting the restriction of the foregoing, you may not use the Services (i) in any anti-competitive manner, (ii) for any purpose which would be contrary to the Bank’s business interest, or (iii) to the Bank’s actual or potential economic disadvantage in any aspect. You may use the Services only for non-business, personal use in accordance with this Agreement. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from the content and agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the technology used to provide the Services.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES (i) WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF THIS SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF GRAND RIVER BANK HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
Grand River Bank may amend these terms and conditions or modify or cancel the Mobile Banking services we offer without notice, except as required by law. You will be provided notice at least 30 days in advance if the amendment results in greater cost or liability to you. We may offer additional Mobile Banking services and features in the future. Any such added Mobile Banking services and features will be governed by this Agreement and by the terms and conditions provided to you at the time the new Mobile Banking service or feature is added and/or at the time of enrollment for the feature or service, if applicable.